Updated 27/6/10: The poll is now closed, thanks to everyone who voted.
Sometime next week we’ll be running recommendations for old ‘Doctor Who’ stories that fans of the new show should watch during the break between ‘The Big Bang’ and this year’s Christmas special.
We’d like suggestions from Shiny Shelf readers as to which stories should make the cut.
How to vote
Please suggest three pre-2005 ‘Doctor Who’ stories either:
- In the comments thread below.
- on Twitter as @replies to @shinyshelf, preferably with the hashtag #shinywho.
- Three stories per person, please. We’re very sad, so if you just use one word (‘Talons’, ‘Vervoids’) we’ll usually know what you mean, but be wary of words used in more than one title (‘Seeds’, ‘Robot’, ‘Death’ etc).
- Stories suggested must be ‘Doctor Who’ TV stories broadcast by the BBC before 2005: no books, radio plays, webcasts, comic strips, school projects etc.
- The more readily available a story is on DVD, CD, iTunes or the official BBC Youtube channel the better.
- Shiny Shelf reserves the right to squidge stories from the same Doctor/era together to make for a balanced list, especially if they’re in the same box set.
- Shiny Shelf reserves maximum respect for voters who mention stories from a wide range of periods in ‘Doctor Who’, and furthermore reserves the right to gently mock voters who only pick stories from their own childhoods.
- Feel free to add a little commentary with your votes, and we may pick some quotes to run with the list.
- Polls close whenever we feel like it, but feel free to get entries in nice and early. You’re probably safe until Sunday.